The Commission has the authority and responsibility to establish and promulgate criteria for the evaluation and accreditation of private career schools and colleges. These criteria take the form of the Standards of Accreditation, which are under continuing review.
Revisions to the Standards of Accreditation are made by the Commission as appropriate and required, and are announced via the ACCSC Accreditation Alert.
- When rules or standards are revised and adopted, the Commissions sets the date the revisions will become effective, providing a reasonable time for school compliance, announces the adopted standards, and takes the action necessary for their implementation.
- The effective date and procedures for implementation, if required, are included in the announcement.
August 15, 2016
I. Nominating Committee Election
ACCSC has established a slate of candidates for election to the Nominating Committee.
II. Proposed Bylaws Revisions
ACCSC proposing revisions to its Bylaws in the following areas
Article I (e-ballot)
Section 1.01 – Definitions
Section 1.03 – Composition
Section1.09 – Committees
Article II (e-ballot)
Section 2.07 – Voting
Article III (in-person ballot at PDC)
Section 3.01 – Dues
On August 17, 2016 ACCSC will send, to the e-mail address on file for the school director identified for each ACCSC member school, a link to the electronic ballot and a password.
July 1, 2016 Accreditation Alert
Revisions to the Standards of Accreditation:
- New ACCSC Commissioners – Appointment and Election Results
- Reminder – Call for Nominating Committee Nominations
- Call for ACCSC Commissioners
- Skills USA Scholarship Award Winner
- Schools Offering Distance Education
The Commission has republished the Standards of Accreditation which is now dated July 1, 2016 and replaces the July 1, 2015 version.
- Part I – Revisions from the May 19, 2016 Call for Comment
- Part II – Other Clarifications and Revisions to the Rules of Process and Procedure:
- Part III – Student Achievement Rate Revisions
- Part IV – Accreditation Fee Revisions
All revisions are effective July 1, 2016 unless otherwise stated in this Alert.
November 2, 2015 Accreditation Alert
ACCSC is please to announce a new annual SkillsUSA scholarship established by the Commission to help students enrolled in a SkillsUSA program to attend the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference (NLSC). It is the Commission's hope that this scholarship will help encourage more schools to join SkillsUSA for the benefit of students as well as faculty, staff, and their vocational communities.
July 1, 2015 Accreditation Alert
Part I – Substantive Revisions: The following sections have had substantive revisions based upon the May 29, 2014 Call for Comment and December 19, 2014 Call for Comment:
- Section VII (G)(1&2), Rules of Process and Procedure, Standards of Accreditation – Term of Accreditation Extended
- Section VII (B), Substantive Standards, Standards of Accreditation – Licensure/Certification Exam Required Pass Rate
Part II - Non-Substantive Revisions: The following sections have had non-substantive clarifying revisions:
Chapter 1 – Rules of Process and Procedure, Standards of Accreditation:
- Section I (B)(3)(e)
- Section I (E)(1)
- Section I (I)
- Section IV (E)(2)(j) & (E)(5)(a)(vii)
- Section V (A)(4)
- Section VII (K)(1) & (L)(1)
- Section VII (D)(5)
Chapter 2 – Substantive Standards, Standards of Accreditation:
- Section I (D)(4-5 & 9)
- Section II (A)(2)
- Section IV (A)(15)
- Section IV (B)(1)
- Section IV (C)(4)(c)
- Enrollment Agreement Checklist
Part III – Accreditation Fee Revisions:
In addition to the revisions above, the Commission has increased some user fees as set forth under Appendix I – Accreditation Fees, Substantive Standards, Standards of Accreditation.
PART IV – New Upload School Submission Center
For additional information related to this Accreditation Alert, please contact Michale S. McComis, Ed.D., Executive Director, at 703.247.4520 or via email.