The Guidelines for Employment Classification can be found in Appendix VII of the Standards of Accreditation.
The school must be able to justify the classification of each graduate as employed in a training-related field and maintain internal verifiable employment records using the Guidelines for Employment Classification. In accordance with Section I (A)(1)(d) Substantive Standards, Standards of Accreditation, the school should have and adhere to policies or protocols in regard to these guidelines (reasonable time period, sustainability, relatedness, etc.). These include requirements for Written Verification, Verbal Verification, Self-Employment, and Career Support/Advancement.
Third-Party Employment Verification
The Commission also requires that initial and renewal applicants engage an independent third-party auditor to verify the school’s most recently reported employment data that will be used for the onsite evaluation process.
Learn more about ACCSC’s requirement for institutions to independently verify reported employment data as part of the accreditation process.
The Commission requires Independent Third-Party Employment Verification for the following:
- The Commission requires that initial and renewal applicants engage an independent third-party auditor to verify the school’s most recently reported employment data that will be used for the on-site evaluation process.
- The Commission conducts an Employment Verification Random sample every year through a third party.
- The Commission may also direct a school to undergo a Third-Party Employment Verification at any time.
Third-Party verification does not replace the classification and verification/documentation requirements for the school to first verify and maintain per the Guidelines for Employment Classification.
ACCSC's FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) provides answers to frequently asked questions such as:
- Does my school have to have an independent third-party verification of employment data every year?
- Which Annual Report will my school need to have verified by the independent third-party as part of my application for accreditation and submission of my Self Evaluation Report?
- What does my school need to have ready for the on-site evaluation team?
Tips and Tricks
View the Blueprint for Success section regarding employment verification: