In instances where a school is closing, ACCSC works closely with state and federal oversight agencies to help facilitate teach-out plans and agreements in an attempt to ensure that students will have opportunities to complete their education elsewhere. ACCSC also works with closing schools to help facilitate transfer of credit opportunities. 

U.S. Department of Education’s Closed School Guide for Students 

The U.S. Department of Education has prepared information to help students sort through the options that are available to them if the school they are attending will be closing. 

Information on what options are available as well as answers to questions specific to a closing school is available here: 

If your school closes while you’re enrolled or soon after you withdraw, you may be eligible for discharge of your federal student loan. Loan discharge is the removal of your obligation to repay your loan under certain circumstances. To qualify to have loans discharged you must apply and meet certain eligibility requirements. 

It’s important for you to obtain your academic and financial aid records if your school closes, because you might need those records if you plan to attend another school or want your student loans discharged.

Learn about the eligibility requirements for closed school loan discharge and how you can apply here:

Hussian College

Vista College

Career College of Northern Nevada


Stay Connected

Tell us a little about yourself.

Are You A...