The Accreditation Workshop provides an opportunity for participants to gain a better understanding of the Commission’s standards and procedures, as well as to share experiences with other schools in the accreditation process.
The accreditation process begins with attendance at an Accreditation Workshop where the Commission provides training and resources which will assist schools as they strive towards a meaningful self-evaluation and on-site evaluation experience. In order to prepare for the Accreditation Workshop, participants are required to arrive at the workshop having read the most current Standards of Accreditation.
Registration for accreditation workshops is available online only approximately 45 days prior to the scheduled workshop. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Renewal of Accreditation Workshop
FOR MEMBER SCHOOLS:
- Schools currently accredited by ACCSC will begin the accreditation renewal process approximately one year prior to their renewal date by attending a Renewal of Accreditation Workshop.
- Schools starting the renewal process will be assigned to attend a Renewal of Accreditation Workshop based upon their scheduled renewal date and location.
- ACCSC staff will send accreditation renewal planning notices with the school’s assigned workshop date to ensure proper planning for school management, followed by an accreditation renewal notice with information on registering for the workshop along with applicable due dates approximately fifty (50) days prior to the workshop.
- A school that is faithfully engaged in the renewal of accreditation process and meeting all requirements of that process continues to be accredited if the school’s term of accreditation has exceeded the period of time last granted by the Commission (Section VII (B)(6) Rules of Process and Procedure, Standards of Accreditation).
FOR INITIAL APPLICANTS:
- Initial applicant schools will attend an Accreditation Workshop for Initial Applicants after acceptance of the Pre-Workshop Application for Initial Applicant Schools.
- The Pre-Workshop Application for Initial Applicant Schools is the first step required for any institution seeking initial accreditation from ACCSC, or for any institution currently accredited by another institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education that is seeking initial accreditation from ACCSC.
- Registration for the Accreditation Workshop for Initial Applicants is only available following acceptance of the Pre-Workshop application and as such is not published on the website.