Be sure to visit ACCSC's Online Training Center for additional training on the accreditation process.
Puerto Rico Enhancement and Renewal Workshop
May 28-29, 2015
Participants registered for the Enhancement and Renewal Workshop in San Juan, Puerto Rico are able to download the Accreditation Workshop Materials by clicking here. Please note that hard copies of the materials will not be provided onsite.
The accreditation process begins with attendance at an Accreditation Workshop where the Commission provides training and resources which will assist schools as they strive towards a meaningful self-evaluation and on-site evaluation experience.
Schools currently accredited by ACCSC will be assigned to an Renewal of Accreditation Workshop based upon their scheduled renewal date.
Initial applicants may elect to attend any of ACCSC’s Initial Accreditation Workshops to fulfill the workshop requirement.
According to the Standards of Accreditation, the full-time, on-site director or appropriate management team representative of the school must attend an accreditation workshop prior to the submission of the application for accreditation.
The Accreditation Workshop is designed to provide an opportunity for participants to develop an understanding of:
- The ACCSC organization, its mission, values, and purpose;
- The Standards of Accreditation as a set of best practices;
- The importance of strong leadership in institutional effectiveness;
- The principle steps of the ACCSC accreditation process, including on-site evaluation activities;
- The possible outcomes of a school’s application for accreditation (Commission Actions).
Online Registration is available for both the Initial and Renewal Workshops.